- Provide academic oversight of program academic matters such as staffing, curriculum, admissions;
- Assure the academic integrity of the program;
- Provide financial and management oversight regarding budgetary issues;
- Identify needs, problems, and solutions related to ECED program curriculum, courses and graduate student matters;
- Review curriculum proposals; course revisions; course schedules; peer reviews of teaching, and student evaluation of teaching data;
- Provide academic oversight in administration of admissions and student progress;
- Make recommendations and participate in design of advertisements for new positions and instructional hiring.
- Help support connections with Faculty of Education Departments and School of Kinesiology with the Early Childhood Education programs.
- The Manager and Senior Program Assistant provide Staff Support to the ECED Executive Committee.
- ECED Director (Chair)
- CECER Director
- A representative from each Faculty of Education Department and School (ECPS, LLED, EDCP, EDST, KIN)
- ECED Undergraduate Programs Representative
- Assistant Dean, PDCE
- Graduate Student Representative
- Representatives from ECED professional community, including relevant Ministries
- Faculty of Education Director of Graduate Studies (Ex Officio)
- ECED Senior Program Assistant (Ex Officio)
- Faculty Wide Program Manager (Ex Officio)
Frequency of Meetings
- Monthly from October 2020 until January 2021; then, a minimum of twice per term and once in summer if needed.