Students in the BC ECE Basic Certificate Program will take part in three practica held at BC-licensed early childcare centres:
- ECED 490 – Early Childhood Education Practicum & Seminar I Prerequisites: ECED 400 and 438
- ECED 491 – Early Childhood Education Practicum & Seminar II Prerequisites: All of ECED 400, 401, 438, 490 and EPSE 406 (or other approved course)
- ECED 495 – Early Childhood Education Practicum & Seminar III Prerequisites: All of ECED 400, 401, 406, 407, 438, 490, 491 and EPSE 406 (or other approved course)
The following documents provide important information about practicum for the student, Faculty Advisor, and practicum site ECE Mentor:
- ECE Practicum Guidelines 2019
This document provides an overview of practicum, including expectations and guidelines for students, Faculty Advisors, and practicum site ECE Mentors.
- ECE Protocol and Procedure for Investigating and Responding to Alleged Unprofessional Conduct 2019
Allegations of unprofessional conduct may come to the Early Childhood Education Program in the Faculty of Education from the observations of its faculty or students, from the staff of Early Childhood Education settings where students are placed on practicum, or from third parties. This document details the protocol and procedures for investigating and responding to any such allegations.