To be admissible to the BC Early Childhood Education Assistant Certificate Program, you need the following:
- Be at least 19 years of age when the program starts.
- Have high school graduation or equivalent.
- Meet the English language requirement through one of:
- Completed at least four years of secondary or post-secondary studies in taught in English, or
- Completed a four-year undergraduate degree or a graduate degree at a recognized university where English is the primary language of instruction, or
- Completed six credits of post-secondary English subject courses at a recognized university in an English-speaking country, or
- Taken either an IELTS Academic or TOEFL English assessment test and met the UBC required scores (see this webpage for minimum scores and other accepted language tests).
If you have any questions about how to meet the English requirement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Achieved third-year standing at an accredited post-secondary institution (i.e., you have completed your 2nd year in, or have graduated from, a four-year degree at a recognized university, or have completed 60 credits in a two-year program at a recognized university or college).
Note: For students already attending UBC, it is not possible to be concurrently registered in courses in two programs.
Please note: Effective November 1, 2022, admission through work experience has been discontinued.