To be admissible to the BC Early Childhood Education Assistant Certificate Program, you need the following:
- Be at least 19 years of age when the program starts.
- Have high school graduation or equivalent.
- Meet the English language requirement through one of:
- Have completed at least four years of secondary or post-secondary studies in taught in English, or
- Completed an undergraduate or graduate level degree at a recognized university where English is the primary language of instruction, or
- Completed six credits of post-secondary English courses in a country where English is the official language, or
- Taken either an IELTS Academic or TOEFL English assessment test and met the UBC required scores (see this webpage for minimum scores and other accepted language tests).
If you have any questions about how to meet the English requirement, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Have achieved third-year standing at an accredited post-secondary institution (i.e., you have completed your 2nd year in, or have graduated from, a four-year degree at an approved university, or have completed 60 credits in a two-year program at an approved university or college).
Please note: Effective November 1, 2022, admission through work experience will be discontinued. Applications already received will continue to be processed, but we will not be accepting further applications based on work experience.