Application Process for the BC ECE Assistant Certificate Program
For information or assistance with admissions, please contact us with details about your question. If you are a current or past UBC student, please include your UBC student number.
STEP 1: Confirm You Meet UBC’s English Language Proficiency Requirements
English Language Proficiency Requirements
English is the primary language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students, regardless of country of origin or citizenship status, are required to demonstrate a minimum level of English before they are admitted. This requirement can be met in several ways:
- Have completed at least four years of secondary or post-secondary studies taught in English, or
- Completed an undergraduate or graduate level degree at a recognized university where English is the primary language of instruction, or
- Completed six credits of post-secondary English courses at a recognized university in an English-speaking country, or
- Taken either an IELTS Academic or TOEFL English assessment test and met the UBC required minimum scores (see this webpage for minimum scores and other accepted language tests).
If you have any questions about how to meet the English requirement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 2: Apply Online
Applicants should review the form and have all required information and documents ready to submit at the time of completion. If additional time is needed, applicants may elect to save entries and continue the form at a later date by selecting ‘Save & Continue Later’ at the bottom of form.
Please note: If you have previously applied to or attended UBC, please include your past UBC student number. If you do not remember your student number, indicate “unknown” in the Student Number field.
- Upon submission of your application, you should receive an email from UBC acknowledging receipt of your application. Please check your spam/junk mail folder if you do not immediately receive the email. If you do not receive this email within 24 hours, please email us at email@example.com.
- Once your online application payment is successful, your application will be assessed. Should we require additional information, you will be emailed with further instructions.
- Please monitor your email, as this is the method that UBC will use to communicate with students and applicants. Please include your UBC student number in all communications.
STEP 3: Transcripts
Applicants must provide an official transcript for every post-secondary institution they have attended. UBC transcripts are not required.
To be considered official, academic records must be received in official university envelopes that have been sealed and endorsed by the issuing institution, or sent as secure electronic documents directly from the issuing institution.
Transcripts should be sent to:
Attention: Early Childhood Education
Professional Development & Community Engagement Office
Faculty of Education
University of British Columbia
1304 – 2125 Main Mall
Vancouver, BC Canada V6T 1Z4
Secure electronic transcripts should be sent directly from the issuing institution to: firstname.lastname@example.org.